Sunday, March 24, 2013

Introducing Sarah Baade :)


I grew up in the Presbyterian and United Methodist churches. I could probably count on one hand how many Catholic families I knew in my hometown. I certainly had never heard of being Marianist until I moved to San Antonio a year and a half ago. How does an average mid-western kid like me end up discerning community life? From the moment I met Jen, Louie and my other Marianist friends I felt right at home. I felt welcomed without judgment or hesitation.  While our church backgrounds were different I quickly learned that our values were a common ground. One of the biggest attractions for me is the support I have seen between Jen and Louie. I have seen them help each other with basic tasks like cooking dinner or cleaning the house. I have seen them help out by driving one another to the airport or grading papers.  I have been there when they or I were dealing with a topic that was personal and emotional. When there has been joy, it is a joy genuinely shared and celebrated with one another. When there has been pain, there have been arms to give hugs, ears to listen, and voices to provide encouraging words.  This level of sincere support is theoretically easy to provide but the execution typically proves difficult.  I feel blessed to have the opportunity to discern community life with Jen and Louie. This support system is an incredible foundation to build on.



Editor's Note:  Sarah Baade is an Audiologist in San Antonio, Texas.  She is currently considering joining the Sobremesa Community and will be periodically posting on the Sobremesa Blog.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the craziness of Marianist life! It is a wonderful, adventurous journey. I look forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete